Prepare your property
Make your property attractive for potential buyersHere, you will have to make everything possible to attract potential buyers. This may include complete cleaning of your house and all adjacent territories. Looking at your property the potential buyer must like what he sees.
Make your property desirable to buyThe level of your property preparation is the key point in fixing and agreeing on the final selling price. If you want a quick sale doing nothing to make your house more attractive would lower the price and visa versa.
Now again you will have to try on the buyer’s skin. Try to look at your property with their eyes. You have to find out the positive points and the drawbacks of your house. Transform all drawbacks into advantages. You should understand when you see a neat and clean house would leave more positive feedback on your house. You can also ask your friends to come and to comment on your property and ask them what they would change in your home to make it more attractive personally for them.
You should also bear in mind that not only the house itself needs a clean and neat look but also the exterior including the back and front yards that should appeal to the potential customers and make them wish to come in and see the house. And finally make them buy it. Below you will find the list of possible improvements that you can perform in your house and adjacent land lot even without calling for professionals and spending additional money.
- Repaint window and door frames.
- Make the front door inviting to come in
- Repair broken windows and screens.
- Remove anything cluttering up the yard.
- Trim the bushes.
- Cut the lawn.
- Remove flower beds.
- Clean the pool, outdoor furniture, BBQ, etc.
- Clean oil stains.
- Remove unused vehicles or toys that hinder the view of the house.
- Repair the roof
- Remove any signs or flags.
- Make complete cleaning of your house, paying greater attention to bathrooms, kitchen, windows, etc.
- You can repaint the walls in rooms, kitchen and bathrooms.
- Eliminate all bad odors especially in bathrooms and storage room.
- Clean or remove the carpets.
- You may add some lightning to make look your rooms brighter and larger.
- Replace or repair all non-functioning items (like bulbs, toilet handles, door locks, etc.)
- Remove all boxes and other unused things from storage.
You may contact a building inspector who can evaluate your property and specify the repairs it needs.
Besides the evaluation report made by the inspector will determine the real status of your building:
- An estimate for major repair works;
- A list of required renovations;
- A detailed assessment of the mechanical and structural condition of the building;
- A reasonable assessment of upcoming renovations.